Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hair Growth Tips on A Budget



A hair care regimen is a great place to start in attempting to achieve hair growth results. These tips can be added to anyone’s hair type regimen for great hair growth results and to reduce hair damage.

Scalp Massages are an easy way to stimulate blood flow to nourish hair follicles for faster hair growth. A simple two minute scalp massage allows the sebum, your natural hair oil, to moisturize dry hair strands.

Good ol’ H20. We’ve heard it many times before, that drinking eight oz of water does wonders for your health and beauty. Keep it up! What is also effective is rinsing your hair out after your shampooing and conditioning, with cold water. This reduces hair damage rather than rinsing your hair in hot water.  If you rinse your hair out in cold water it forces the cuticles to close which protects the inner part of your hair and also make the outside of your hair appear shinier.


Brush with care! A common way that girls slow the process of retaining their hair length is by detangling their hair in a hurry and too frequently. By doing this it can cause a lot more shedding than necessary and constant harsh brushing actually hacks away at the cuticle which results in breakage. Instead I try to detangle my hair in a non-hurry. Starting from the ends of the hair brushing my way to the middle, and then going from my roots through to the ends allows for the oldest and driest part of your hair (your ends) to avoid constant manipulation. It’s optional to use an emollient (any type of oil) to condition the hair and to make it even easier to detangle. In my case, this option works for me because my hair is really dry.


Nowadays there are products and tools popping all over the markets making promises on hair repair, and on making your hair stronger, than ever before. Being  a product junkie myself, I would (and still do!) buy into all the hype made by regular customers. Not so much promises made by advertisers, because they are of course mainly biased reports. But, what I have recently realized was that everyone has a different regimen that works for them. Where it be a regimen for thin hair or thick tresses, how a product is supposed to be used and it’s results will vary from hair type to hair type. I’ve discovered this through a book I came across, Don’t go Shopping for Hair Care Products Without Me by Paula Begoun. She goes into details on in ingredients contained in hair care products that work for anyone’s hair.  It’s an information packed book that answers questions like ‘Should I use all natural products all the time?” or ‘Should I avoid silicone products?’ and my favourite, ‘Can a product really repair hair damage?’ This is practically a dictionary to refer to for ingredients regarding hair products.

No comments: